On this episode of Not Another Mac Podcast, Mark is joined by Antonio Rosario and Peter Bird to discuss everything from the lack of support by third party apps for Passbook, to storage solutions for any type of user and the Fisher-Price inspired layout that is iOS.
This episode also features the World's Shortest Reviewcast by John Nemerovski. John reviews the EXOvault iPhone 6 handmade case. EXOVAULT also has a complete line of hand made cases for iPhone 5, 5S, 6, and 6PLUS.
More information regarding discussed topics:
- Passbook: What is it used for? Why should we use it? Who would use it? Could Apple Pay and Passbook become integrated. We answer these questions, or atleast attempt to.
- Photograph Management: Photo Stream and the trials and tribulations associated with it. Antonio discussses how the Carousel by Dropbox app is a perfect replacement, that is free, for Photo Stream.
- Digital Storage Solutions For Sharing Content: Physical storage versus cloud storage and distribution options for photographers. Antonio discusses PhotoShelter as an option for the digital distribution of photographs. Does the upload speed of our Internet connection limit the use of services such as PhotoShelter? What is the longevity of physical media? Can it be relied on? We take a look at all these questions and offer our personal advice and opinions with Mark suggesting that you should use as many formats as you can get your hands on.
- What We Want From Apple In 2015, Without Rumours:
- Apple TV is in desperate need of a redesigned interface. We offer our opinions on what could be done differently, starting with removing the Fisher-Price look and correcting the horrible remote control. Could the 'old-school' click wheel be a solution?
- iTunes also needs a rebuild, and rethought, from the ground up. It has become a Frankenstein of legacy technology and playlists are a complete nightmare to sync across devices.
- Antonio believes that Apple should slow down on releasing new versions of the operating system and release a 'Snow Leopard' build that will address the refinement of the existing operating system and applications. Peter gets irate over the Trash can icon while Antonio can't find files in Spotlight.
- Mark needs true multitasking on iOS, by allowing user customisation. Mark also wants Apple to play better with others.
- Apple Watch: What do we think it is useful for. Mark really doesn't want to send love hearts to others. We dicuss possible improvements to lifestyle and productivity.