I was invited to appear as a guest on Episode 1 for the TeacherCast Podcast.
Steve Wheeler, an Associate Professor at the University of Plymouth also appeared as a guest where we discussed the following:
- The differences in the educational systems in England-vs-Australia-vs-U.S.A.
- 21st Century Skills in Education
- Teaching technology to very young children
- Do we need to teach cursive writing?
- What is Web 2.0?
- Using Wikipedia in the classroom
- What is eLearning? (What does the “E” stand for?)
- What technologies should we be promoting?
- What should our students expect from us?
- When should students start using laptops in the classroom?
- Using Twitter in the classroom
- Google+ and Facebook in the classroom
- Internet safety
- Blocking websites in schools
- Using blogs, wiki’s and nings
- Teaching various writing styles in high school
- What should teachers be expected to do for our students outside the classroom?
- Should teachers fear technology for privacy reasons?
- How to teach Web 2.0 skills on a budget... or for FREE!!
You can subscribe to this podcast by clicking here.
Make sure you check out the TeacherCast Site for more resources for applying technology to education by clicking here.