Are the kids complaining about being bored this summer holidays? Why not sign them up for a fun, free Apple workshop.
Your children will be given expert advice on the film making process at Apple Retail Stores.
Details of activities your children will be involved in include:
- Get an introduction to the basics of moviemaking, including creating a storyboard.
- Create an original soundtrack by making a song in GarageBand on an iPad.
- Prepare for shooting footage outside the store overnight or inside the store at the end of the workshop.
On day one, Apple Camp also includes an optional, one-hour Parents Workshop that will focus on using and setting parental controls on the Mac. Registration is not required.
- Get an introduction to iMovie — simple-to-use moviemaking software.
- Use a Mac to import and edit collected movie footage, incorporating stills and music.
- Create a film.
With guidance from Apple Camp Counselors, kids will use iMovie — part of the iLife suite of creativity applications built into every Mac — to create, edit, and produce their films.
- Film Festival
Kids will have the opportunity to showcase their movies to invited parents, relatives, and friends. Participation in the festival is optional. Campers can take their completed movies home at the end of day two, if they prefer.
For more information including retail stores supporting the camp, age limitations, and all other requirements of the program, please visit: http://rsvp2.applersvp.com/us/sections/summer_camps/stores/